- Requirements for a Homegroup
- Preparing to Set Up a Homegroup
- Creating a Homegroup
- Adding Computers to a Homegroup
- Accessing Homegroup-Shared Libraries
- Changing Homegroup Sharing Settings
- Using Homegroup-Shared Printers
- Changing Homegroup Settings
- Leaving the Homegroup
- Diagnosing Homegroup Problems
Accessing Homegroup-Shared Libraries
Homegroup shares can be accessed from Computer or other navigators: click Start, then Computer, your name, or a library name. Once you open a navigator, scroll the left-hand pane until Homegroup is visible. Click the user name to see a list of available libraries (Figure 12).
Figure 12 Viewing shared libraries with HomeGroup.
To view or open the contents of a library, double-click it. Navigate to the folder you want to use (Figure 13).
Figure 13 Viewing the contents of a folder in a homegroup-shared Pictures library.
Although homegroups enable you to share folders, other users in a homegroup cannot change or delete files unless you specifically allow it.