- Requirements for a Homegroup
- Preparing to Set Up a Homegroup
- Creating a Homegroup
- Adding Computers to a Homegroup
- Accessing Homegroup-Shared Libraries
- Changing Homegroup Sharing Settings
- Using Homegroup-Shared Printers
- Changing Homegroup Settings
- Leaving the Homegroup
- Diagnosing Homegroup Problems
Adding Computers to a Homegroup
After you have created the homegroup, it's time to go to the other Windows 7 computers on the network and add them to the homegroup as desired.
- To add a computer to the homegroup, do one of the following:
- Open Computer, click Homegroup, and click Join Now (Figure 7).
- Open the Control Panel, click Choose Homegroup and Sharing Options (refer to Figure 3), and click Join Now (Figure 8).
Figure 7 Preparing to join a homegroup from Computer.
Figure 8 Preparing to join a homegroup from the Control Panel.
Figure 9 Selecting what to share with the homegroup.
Figure 10 Entering the homegroup password.
Figure 11 Finishing up the process of joining a homegroup.