- Requirements for a Homegroup
- Preparing to Set Up a Homegroup
- Creating a Homegroup
- Adding Computers to a Homegroup
- Accessing Homegroup-Shared Libraries
- Changing Homegroup Sharing Settings
- Using Homegroup-Shared Printers
- Changing Homegroup Settings
- Leaving the Homegroup
- Diagnosing Homegroup Problems
Preparing to Set Up a Homegroup
Figure 1 Click Home Network when prompted to enable your Windows 7 computer to join a homegroup.
To display the dialog shown in Figure 1 from the Network and Sharing Center, click the network location link (Figure 2). In either case, click Home network to set the network location as "Home." (You cannot add a computer whose network location is set as "Work" or "Public" to a homegroup.)
Figure 2 Viewing the current network type setting from within Network and Sharing Center.
Repeat this process on all other Windows 7 computers you want to add to a homegroup.