You now know what makes a great application, and you have a basis for creating your own. Here are some key points:
- Make sure you understand what you are building and why before you start your application. Have clear objectives and know who your users are.
- Early on, focus on providing value for users and make sure that the user workflows are well designed and simple to perform.
- Plan for success by designing for scalability at the beginning.
- Iterate rapidly in response to user feedback, but make sure that the user demographic giving the feedback aligns with your objectives.
- Build applications that connect users, provide real value, and allow them to connect in new or more in depth ways.
- Respect user privacy and trust by keeping users' data safe and only sending communications they expect.
- Test application functionality before deploying, respond quickly to issues, and provide a fast and reliable experience.
- Make your applications simple to use and intuitive.
- Use other successful applications to understand what works well on Facebook.