- Rotating Images
- Flipping Images
- Rating Images
- Flagging Images
- Rejecting Images
- Applying Color Labels
- Creating a Custom Color Label Set
- Applying Ratings, Flags, and Labels with the Painter Tool
- Sorting Images
- Changing Sort Direction
- Grouping Photos into Stacks
- Promoting a Photo to the Top of the Stack
- Removing Photos from a Stack
- Unstacking Photos
- Removing Photos
- Deleting Photos
Lightroom enables you to control how the image thumbnails are sorted in the Library Content area and the Filmstrip. The most common way to sort is by Capture Time, but you can also sort by Added Order, or Edit Time, or by applied attributes such as Rating, Pick (flag), and Label Color or Label Text. You can change the way the thumbnails are sorted at any time.
Choose how to sort images in the Content area and Filmstrip
- Under the View menu, choose a sort option from the Sort submenu. Or if you’ve chosen to display the Sort tools in the Toolbar, you can choose an option from the Sort drop-down list.
The image thumbnails are displayed accordingly in the Content area and Filmstrip.