- Secure Your Private Network
- Protect Your Hotspot Users
- To Cover Large or Busy Areas, Consider Creating a Wi-Fi Mesh Network
- Place the Hotspot Gateway in a Central Spot
- Use an Identifying Network Name (SSID)
- Discover the Hotspot-Specific Firmware Replacement: CoovaAP
- Possibly Use a General Firmware Replacement
- Look into Using the Sputnik Service
- Look into 802.1X Authentication and WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Encryption
- Consider ZoneCD if You Have an Old PC Lying Around
Look into Using the Sputnik Service
The SputnikNet service is great if you have multiple hotspot locations and SputnikNet Express for more basic applications. Both services let you customize the welcome/splash page, run local ADs, and review basic usage reports and graphs.
Plus they offer device authentication, so non-browser devices (such as Wi-Fi phones and PSPs) can access it, and private network blocking to segregate the traffic. The premium service offers much more control, management, and deployment options.