- 1. NetStumbler: To Find Nearby Networks
- 2. Network Magic: For an Easier Networking Experience
- 3. DD-WRT: To Super Charge Your Cheap Wireless Router
- 4. Wireshark (Previously Ethereal): To See the Raw Traffic
- 5. TeamViewer: For Remote Desktopping
- 6. NetSetMan: To Manage Your Network Settings
- 7. LogMeIn Hamachi: To Create a Secure VPN
- 8. Gbridge: To Securely Share Among Friends
- 9. Hotspot Shield: To Secure Your Wi-Fi in Public
- 10. Undelete: So Network Shares Can Use the Recycle Bin
8. Gbridge: To Securely Share Among Friends
Although this one is similar to the previous solution, it takes a different approach.
Instead of just connecting the computers together, Gbridge offers its own proprietary interface. It is designed more for sharing with friends instead of among your own computers.
Once you install and sign up for the service, you can give out your address to others or invite them, so they can join your VPN. Then everyone can choose what they want to share.