- 1. NetStumbler: To Find Nearby Networks
- 2. Network Magic: For an Easier Networking Experience
- 3. DD-WRT: To Super Charge Your Cheap Wireless Router
- 4. Wireshark (Previously Ethereal): To See the Raw Traffic
- 5. TeamViewer: For Remote Desktopping
- 6. NetSetMan: To Manage Your Network Settings
- 7. LogMeIn Hamachi: To Create a Secure VPN
- 8. Gbridge: To Securely Share Among Friends
- 9. Hotspot Shield: To Secure Your Wi-Fi in Public
- 10. Undelete: So Network Shares Can Use the Recycle Bin
7. LogMeIn Hamachi: To Create a Secure VPN
If you have multiple offices or locations, you'll probably want to connect their networks together. That way everyone can access shares and network drives, just as if each location were physically connected by a cable.
You can securely connect offices together like this by creating a virtual private network (VPN). One way to do this is to use the LogMeIn Hamachi application.
After you install LogMeIn Hamachi onto a computer, you create a network and get an address.
Then on other computers at that or other locations, you can join the VPN network, and they all would be connected together.