- 1. NetStumbler: To Find Nearby Networks
- 2. Network Magic: For an Easier Networking Experience
- 3. DD-WRT: To Super Charge Your Cheap Wireless Router
- 4. Wireshark (Previously Ethereal): To See the Raw Traffic
- 5. TeamViewer: For Remote Desktopping
- 6. NetSetMan: To Manage Your Network Settings
- 7. LogMeIn Hamachi: To Create a Secure VPN
- 8. Gbridge: To Securely Share Among Friends
- 9. Hotspot Shield: To Secure Your Wi-Fi in Public
- 10. Undelete: So Network Shares Can Use the Recycle Bin
6. NetSetMan: To Manage Your Network Settings
NetSetMan is quite helpful if you use multiple networks. It lets you save up to six different sets of profiles, loaded with many network settings.
Then when you connect to different networks, you can easily switch between your profiles and NetSetMan will automatically apply your desired settings.
If your work uses static IP addresses, for example, you can set up a static IP for your work profile along with any DNS, Workgroup, or other settings.
Then you can have another profile for when you connect to your home network, set to get your IP automatically, a different PC name, workgroup, and other settings.