- 1. NetStumbler: To Find Nearby Networks
- 2. Network Magic: For an Easier Networking Experience
- 3. DD-WRT: To Super Charge Your Cheap Wireless Router
- 4. Wireshark (Previously Ethereal): To See the Raw Traffic
- 5. TeamViewer: For Remote Desktopping
- 6. NetSetMan: To Manage Your Network Settings
- 7. LogMeIn Hamachi: To Create a Secure VPN
- 8. Gbridge: To Securely Share Among Friends
- 9. Hotspot Shield: To Secure Your Wi-Fi in Public
- 10. Undelete: So Network Shares Can Use the Recycle Bin
2. Network Magic: For an Easier Networking Experience
If you or your users are new to networking, you might find Network Magic useful, especially for use with Windows XP or earlier. Network Magic is a program that can replace most of the networking interfaces built into Windows with ones that are more understanding and user-friendly.
Plus it provides additional functionality, such as being able to edit settings on the network's router.