- 1. NetStumbler: To Find Nearby Networks
- 2. Network Magic: For an Easier Networking Experience
- 3. DD-WRT: To Super Charge Your Cheap Wireless Router
- 4. Wireshark (Previously Ethereal): To See the Raw Traffic
- 5. TeamViewer: For Remote Desktopping
- 6. NetSetMan: To Manage Your Network Settings
- 7. LogMeIn Hamachi: To Create a Secure VPN
- 8. Gbridge: To Securely Share Among Friends
- 9. Hotspot Shield: To Secure Your Wi-Fi in Public
- 10. Undelete: So Network Shares Can Use the Recycle Bin
10. Undelete: So Network Shares Can Use the Recycle Bin
This isn't necessarily a networking program or tool. However, Undelete is a third-party replacement recycle bin supports shared folders.
If you delete a file from a shared folder of a different computer on the network in Windows, it's usually gone forever. However, when using Undelete, shared files go into the recycle bin where you can keep them for awhile in case you need to recover them later.