- The Venture Adventure
- Getting the Latest News on Venture Capital
- Money from Angels
- Adventure Capitalists
- Business Development Agencies
- Money from Corporations
- How Much Will You Have to Give Up in Exchange for Investment Capital?
- Doing Your Own Valuation
- Small Business Investment Companies
- National Association of Small Business Investment Companies
- Folks Who Might Have Money for You
- The National Venture Capital Association
- Show Me the Money!
National Association of Small Business Investment Companies
The NASBIC considers itself to be the voice of the Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) industry before Congress and the administration. It has some pretty exciting information on its Web site. Here's a quote that will make you sit up and pay attention. (Stop slouching. I can see you with my secret nano-camera embedded in page 99.)
"To date, SBICs have disbursed more than $13 billion to more than 78,000 small businesses. The concerns they have financed have far out-performed all national averages as measured by increases in assets, sales, profits, and new employment. Thousands of profitable business owners can relate how much they have benefited from the dollars and management counseling made available to them by SBICs for over 35 years."