- Getting Ready: Get Organized and Develop a Plan of Action
- Develop Your Job Hunting Tactics: Timesaving Tips and Tools to Be a Smarter Searcher
- Fire Hose Technique
- Selective, but Out There
- Come and Get Me
- Go for the Kill
- Time to Decide: Are You an Active or Passive Job Seeker?
- The Plan Is in Place...Now Get Organized Before You Make a Move!
- Create a Tracking Sheet and Job-Hunt File
- Complete a Job History and Accomplishments Worksheet
- Define Your Transferable Skills
- Have a Basic Résumé and Cover Letter Ready
- Develop a List of Keywords
- Set Up a Special Email Account
The Plan Is in Place...Now Get Organized Before You Make a Move!
Now that you know what your options are in terms of your job hunting strategy, it's time to prepare and get organized before you put your plan into action. I'm the last person to be telling you how to organize your life, but I will tell you that the Web can yield some pretty amazing results in your job search (if you follow my other job-hunting advice, that is). So, it's important to stay on top of developments and responses, as well as the actions you've taken.