- Starting a Program From the Start Menu
- Opening a New Program Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, Restoring, and Resizing a Window
- Using Aero Snap to Manage Windows
- Using Aero Peek to View the Desktop
- Using Alt-Tab to Cycle Through Programs
- Using Windows Flip (WIN-TAB) to Cycle Through Programs
- Using the Taskbar to View and Select Running Programs
- Closing a Program
- Using Desktop Gadgets
Closing a Program
Windows 7 offers several ways to close a program, so you can select the method that’s best for a given situation.
- Click the red X in the upper-right corner of the program window to close the program.
- You can also click the upper-left corner to open the window menu.
- To close the program from the window menu, click Close.
To close a program from the keyboard, press Alt-F4.
To close a program in the taskbar, right-click the program icon and select Close Window.
- To close all windows for a particular program from the taskbar, right-click the program icon and select Close All Windows.