- Starting a Program From the Start Menu
- Opening a New Program Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, Restoring, and Resizing a Window
- Using Aero Snap to Manage Windows
- Using Aero Peek to View the Desktop
- Using Alt-Tab to Cycle Through Programs
- Using Windows Flip (WIN-TAB) to Cycle Through Programs
- Using the Taskbar to View and Select Running Programs
- Closing a Program
- Using Desktop Gadgets
Using Windows Flip (WIN-TAB) to Cycle Through Programs
Systems running the Windows Aero desktop can use Windows Flip to cycle through running programs and select the one they want to make active. Windows Flip uses the Windows and Tab keys.
- Press the Windows and Tab keys.
- Running programs are displayed in an overlapping arc across the screen.
- Continue to press the Windows and Tab keys until the program you want to make active is at the front of the stack.
- Release the keys, and the program becomes active.