- Starting a Program From the Start Menu
- Opening a New Program Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, Restoring, and Resizing a Window
- Using Aero Snap to Manage Windows
- Using Aero Peek to View the Desktop
- Using Alt-Tab to Cycle Through Programs
- Using Windows Flip (WIN-TAB) to Cycle Through Programs
- Using the Taskbar to View and Select Running Programs
- Closing a Program
- Using Desktop Gadgets
Using Alt-Tab to Cycle Through Programs
Use the Alt-Tab keys (also known as “cool switching”) to select which program you want to make active. In Windows 7, pressing Alt-Tab cycles through live thumbnails of each running program.
- Press Alt-Tab.
- Thumbnails of active programs appear.
- Press Alt-Tab until desired program is highlighted.
- Release Alt-Tab, and program becomes active.