- Starting a Program From the Start Menu
- Opening a New Program Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, Restoring, and Resizing a Window
- Using Aero Snap to Manage Windows
- Using Aero Peek to View the Desktop
- Using Alt-Tab to Cycle Through Programs
- Using Windows Flip (WIN-TAB) to Cycle Through Programs
- Using the Taskbar to View and Select Running Programs
- Closing a Program
- Using Desktop Gadgets
Using Aero Snap to Manage Windows
If your system uses the Windows Aero desktop, you can use your keyboard to move, maximize, or minimize the active window by using a new feature called Aero Snap. Aero Snap uses the Windows key along with the arrow keys to adjust window position.
Program running in window.
Press Window+right arrow keys.
Active window moves to right of screen.
- Press Window+up arrow.
- Active window is maximized.
- Press Window+left arrow.
- Active window moves to left of screen.