To send a message to a 1st degree connection or group member, follow these steps:
- Click the Compose Message link on the expanded left navigation menu to open the Compose Your Message page, shown in Figure 6.3.
Figure 6.3 Sending a direct message to one your LinkedIn connections.
- In the To field, start typing the name of your connection and wait for LinkedIn to find a match.
- Enter a Subject for your message.
- Enter your message in the text box.
- If you're sending a message to multiple recipients and don't want to disclose this information, remove the check mark before the Allow Recipients to See Each Other's Names and Email Addresses check box (selected by default).
- To email yourself a copy of your message, select the Send Me a Copy check box. Your message already appears in your Sent folder by default.
- Click the Send button. LinkedIn sends your message to the recipient and notifies you that your message was sent.
Although clicking the Compose Message link is the primary way to send messages on LinkedIn, you can also send messages by clicking the Send Message link in a profile, on your home page, or in search results.