In this article, you've seen how you can use Facebook Connect to authenticate users of your web applications through their Facebook accounts. To implement this functionality, you just follow these simple steps:
- Create a Facebook account, if you don't have one.
- Create a stub Facebook application.
- Copy the cross-domain communications controller file (xd_received.htm) to your website.
- Add the Facebook Connect library to your web pages.
- Insert the Facebook login button, using FBML tags.
- Insert a placeholder for the user's picture and name, using FBML tags.
- Initialize Facebook Connect with the FB.init call.
- Use the Facebook user ID passed in a session cookie on your web server.