- Trick #1: Improve Your Content
- Trick #2: Create a Clear Organization and Hierarchy
- Trick #3: Fine-Tune Your Keywords
- Trick #4: Tweak Your <META> Tags
- Trick #5: Solicit Inbound Links
- Trick #6: Submit Your Site
- Trick #7: Create a Sitemap
- Trick #8: Use Text Instead of Images
- Trick #9: Update Your Content Frequently
- Trick #10: Know Your Customer
Trick #10: Know Your Customer
This final trick is a piece of business advice I've been hawking for the past two decades. Everything you do in businessor on your websiteshould come in service to your customers. You don't develop a new product just because you have the capability; you do it because it's something your customers want.
To that end, knowing what your customers want is the most important part of your business. If you know your customers, you can develop a website that they will want to visitand that search engines will want to rank highly. Know what your customers want and you'll know what kind of content to create, and how to present that content.
And because SEO starts with your optimizing site's content, the better and more relevant that content, the higher your site will rank with Google, Yahoo!, and the other search engines.
Know your customer, and everything else follows.