- 1. Use the Same Manufacturer for All Gear
- 2. For Full Improvements, Replace Adapters
- 3. Don't Mix Wireless B/G with N
- 4. By Default, the Higher Speeds Won't Work
- 5. Use 40MHz-wide Channels Only with Strong Signals
- 6. Carefully Select 40MHz-wide Channels
- 7. For Fastest Wireless-to-Wired Connections, Go Gigabit
- 8. For Best Throughput, Take Advantage of the 5GHz Band
- 9. For Best Performance, Don't Use WEP or WPA
- 10. Make Use Of Your Old Wireless B or G Gear
9. For Best Performance, Don't Use WEP or WPA
Using the WEP or WPA/TKIP encryption methods on your Wireless N network can dramatically reduce throughput.
To take advantage of Wireless N's great speeds, you need to use WPA2/AES wireless securityeither the personal (PSK) or enterprise (802.1X) version.