- Setting General Preferences
- Setting Desktop View Preferences
- Sorting Lists
- Displaying Lists on Forms
- Adding Accounts
- Using Account Numbers
- Adding Customers
- Displaying Detailed Customer Information
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items
- Adding Information "On-the-Fly"
- Moving Items on a List
- Creating Subitems
- Editing Information on a List
- Hiding Entries on Lists
- Deleting Entries on a List
- Merging Entries on a List
- Printing Lists
- Searching for Transactions
- Generating a QuickReport
- Setting Accounting Preferences
Hiding Entries on Lists
If you have a vendor who is no longer available as a current supplier, you can hide the vendor’s name so it no longer appears on the list. This way you won’t run the risk of choosing that vendor by mistake. Also, the vendor you hide is no longer included in reports, although if you prepare a report that includes a time period where the vendor was still active, it will show up on the report.
Hide a List Entry
- Open a list. This example uses the Vendor List, found by opening the Vendor Center.
- Click the name of a vendor you want to hide.
- Right-click on the vendor name, and then select Make Vendor Inactive.
Change the Hidden Status of List Entries
- Hiding information on a list is not a permanent situation. Display hidden entries by checking the Include Inactive box that appears in some lists, or choose to display the entire list as I have done here by selecting All Vendors.
- Right click an inactive list entry, and then select the Make Account Active choice to change the status back to Active.