- Specifying Watched Folders
- Importing Tags Attached to Photos
- Getting Photos from Files and Folders
- Getting Photos by Searching
- Getting Photos from a CD or DVD
- Getting Photos from a Camera or Card Reader
- Getting Photos from a Scanner
- Getting Photos from a Mobile Phone
- Getting Photos from a Video in the Editor
- Adding Photos to the Organizer from the Editor
- Creating and Opening a Catalog
- Managing Catalogs
- Moving Files in a Catalog
- Deleting Files from a Catalog
- Backing Up a Catalog
- Restoring a Catalog Backup
Getting Photos from Files and Folders
Before you import photos and videos into the Organizer, it’s important to set file import preferences to specify the options you want for the import process. When you get photos from your computer, the files are not copied or moved. The Organizer creates links to them and adds them to the catalog. If you have photo files on your computer that are not already included in the catalog and don’t appear in the Organizer, you can use the Get Photos from Files and Folders dialog box to navigate to the folder location with the files you want and then add them, or you can drag them directly from an Explorer window to the Organizer window.
Import Photos from Files and Folders
- In the Organizer, click the File menu, and then point to Get Photos and Videos.
- Click From Files and Folders.
- Navigate to the folder location with the files you want to import into the Organizer.
- Select the folder or the specific photo files you want to import.
- If you want to get photo files from subfolders, select the Get Photos From Subfolders check box.
- Click Get Photos.
Add Photos from Specific Folders
- In the Organizer, click the Display button on the Shortcuts bar, and then click Folder Location.
- In the folder hierarchy panel, display the folder with the files you want to import.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Add Unmanaged Files to Catalog.
When files are imported, the folder’s icon changes from an Unmanaged Folder icon to a Managed Folder icon.