- Specifying Watched Folders
- Importing Tags Attached to Photos
- Getting Photos from Files and Folders
- Getting Photos by Searching
- Getting Photos from a CD or DVD
- Getting Photos from a Camera or Card Reader
- Getting Photos from a Scanner
- Getting Photos from a Mobile Phone
- Getting Photos from a Video in the Editor
- Adding Photos to the Organizer from the Editor
- Creating and Opening a Catalog
- Managing Catalogs
- Moving Files in a Catalog
- Deleting Files from a Catalog
- Backing Up a Catalog
- Restoring a Catalog Backup
Restoring a Catalog Backup
After you have backed up a catalog, you can restore it at any time. Before you can restore a catalog backup, you need to select the backup file with the .tly extension you want to restore from the location where you stored it. You can restore a catalog backup in the original location to replace the current one or in a new location.
Restore a Catalog Backup
- In the Organizer, open the catalog you want to backup.
- Click the File menu, and then click Restore Catalog from CD, DVD or Hard Drive.
- Select the location with the backup catalog you want to restore:
CD/DVD. Click the CD/DVD option, click the Select Drive list arrow, and then select a CD or DVD drive.
Hard drive. Click the Hard drive/Other Volume option, click Browse, navigate to the folder with the catalog backup, select the catalog backup file (with the .tly extension), and then click Open.
- Select the location where you want to restore the backup catalog:
Original Location. Click to restore the catalog backup to the original location replacing the current catalog.
New Location. Click to specify a new location to restore the catalog backup. Click Browse to select a folder. Select the Restore Original Folder Structure check box.
- Click Restore.
- Click OK upon completion.