- Specifying Watched Folders
- Importing Tags Attached to Photos
- Getting Photos from Files and Folders
- Getting Photos by Searching
- Getting Photos from a CD or DVD
- Getting Photos from a Camera or Card Reader
- Getting Photos from a Scanner
- Getting Photos from a Mobile Phone
- Getting Photos from a Video in the Editor
- Adding Photos to the Organizer from the Editor
- Creating and Opening a Catalog
- Managing Catalogs
- Moving Files in a Catalog
- Deleting Files from a Catalog
- Backing Up a Catalog
- Restoring a Catalog Backup
Moving Files in a Catalog
Because the photos and other media files in the Organizer are links to the actual files, if you move the files on your computer, the Organizer will lose the link location and need to reconnect to it. Instead of moving files in an Explorer window, you should move files in the Organizer using the Move command on the File menu. The Move command updates the links in the catalog, so links are not lost.
Move Files in a Catalog
- In the Organizer, select one or more files you want to move.
- Click the File menu, and then click Move.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the new location for the files, select the folder, and then click OK.
- If you want to remove files from the catalog, select them, and then click the Remove button.
- If you want to add files from the catalog, click the Add button, use the Add Photos dialog box to select the photos you want, click Add Selected Photos, and then click Done.
- Click OK.