- Using the Pages Panel
- Inserting Pages
- Navigating Pages
- Deleting or Moving Pages
- Working with Page Spreads
- Rotating Page Spreads
- Creating Master Pages
- Working with Master Pages
- Working with Page Numbers and Sections
- Working with Chapter Numbers
- Creating and Using Text Variables
- Creating a Book
- Managing Books
- Creating a Table of Contents
- Adjusting Layouts
If you ever need to change the page size or margins after you have already added a document page or created a master page, you can enable the Layout Adjustment option to have InDesign adjust the layout and position of elements on document and master pages. The Layout Adjustment dialog box allows you to enable the option and set other related adjustment options, such as Allow Graphics and Groups to Resize and Ignore Object and Layer Locks.
Change Layout Adjustment Options
- Click the Layout menu, and then click Layout Adjustment.
- Select the Enable Layout Adjustment check box.
- Select from the following options:
Snap Zone. Enter a distance value for snapping an object to a margin, column guide, or page boundary.
Allow Graphics and Groups to Resize. Select to allow graphics and groups to resize during the adjustment.
Allow Ruler Guides to Move. Select to allow ruler guides to move during the adjustment.
Ignore Ruler Guide Alignments. Select to keep objects from moving along ruler guides during the adjustment.
Ignore Object and Layer Locks. Select to move locked objects and layers during the adjustment.
- Click OK.