My Reflections and Directions
As I mentioned earlier, I have been going through this journey with you. I have taken my own medicine, and recorded my responses to see what I wanted, what I knew, and so on.
Some of the answers/careers that I came up with along this six-month journey are the following:
- Course developer
- Finalize the development of the master of integrated networking certification.
- Be a director of IT certifications, IT training and education, based on a philosophy of excellence
- Freelance writer
- Independent trainer
- Grant writer
- Earn a Ph.D and teach on the university level
- Pick up three CPE units and revisit my original career choice to be a chaplain to terminal and geriatric people
- Leverage my education and experience to help others reach their career potential as a counselor
As you can see my interests are not in IT per se, but in the training, learning and education sector. I am in IT because I can make a living here, but my long-term goals are to leverage my background in education and to train those wanting to excel in IT.
Thanks to this diagnostic series I was able to come face-to-face with my skills, my restrictions, my needs, and my wants.
This exercise has helped me identify what my optimal career choices are.