- Botnet Detection in the Core
- BITSI (Biologically Inspired Tactical Security Infrastructure)
- Defenses Against Botnet-Aided Spam over VoIP
- Botnet Activity Detection Based Upon an Analogy to the RNAi Immune System
- Intel's DDI (Distributed Detection and Inference) Research Program
Defenses Against Botnet-Aided Spam over VoIP
Juergen Quittek, Saverio Niccolini, Sandra Tartarelli, and Roman Schlegel evaluated 14 techniques for fighting VoIP spam. They rejected simply outlawing VoIP spam as impossible to enforce. Likewise, they rejected charging fees to the sender for unwanted calls as “unrealistic.” They see value, however, in defenses such as Turing tests, pattern/anomaly detection, greylisting, etc., if they can be combined into a multilayered defense such as the one they outline in this paper.