- Botnet Detection in the Core
- BITSI (Biologically Inspired Tactical Security Infrastructure)
- Defenses Against Botnet-Aided Spam over VoIP
- Botnet Activity Detection Based Upon an Analogy to the RNAi Immune System
- Intel's DDI (Distributed Detection and Inference) Research Program
BITSI (Biologically Inspired Tactical Security Infrastructure)
MANET is an example of the ad hoc mobile sensor networks that are arguably the wave of the future. They aren't just for military use, either. For example, the University of Virginia ALARM-NET system uses networked mobile sensors to track and monitor people in assisted living facilities. It doesn't take much thinking to see ways that ALARM-NET could be exploited by criminals. An in-depth analysis appears in the IEEE Security & Privacy magazine.