- Working With Object Drawing
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Understanding Selections
- Selecting Strokes with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Selection Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Adding Colors Using the Kuler Panel
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Using the Spray Brush Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Selection Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Transforming Gradient Fills
- Moving and Rotating Objects in 3D Space
- Changing the Perspective Angle in 3D Space
- Adjusting the Vanishing Point in 3D Space
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
- Changing Drawing Settings
Transforming Gradient Fills
After you create a gradient fill, you can transform it by adjusting the size, rotation, width, or center of the fill with the Gradient Transform tool (formerly called the Fill Transform tool). For a radial gradient, you can now adjust the focal point (center) of a gradient fill applied to an object. You can also use the Gradient Transform tool to modify a bitmap fill.
Adjust a Gradient Fill
- Click the Gradient Transform tool on the Tools panel.
Click the gradient fill to select it.
A bounding box appears around it.
Position the pointer over an editing handle on the bounding box to identify its function.
- Center point. Four-way arrow.
- Focal point. Inverted triangle.
- Size. Circle with an arrow.
- Rotation. Four arrows in the shape of a circle.
- Width. Double-ended arrow.
Click and drag an editing handle to adjust the gradient fill.