- Working With Object Drawing
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Understanding Selections
- Selecting Strokes with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Selection Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Adding Colors Using the Kuler Panel
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Using the Spray Brush Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Selection Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Transforming Gradient Fills
- Moving and Rotating Objects in 3D Space
- Changing the Perspective Angle in 3D Space
- Adjusting the Vanishing Point in 3D Space
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
- Changing Drawing Settings
Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
The Eyedropper tool allows you to select the attributes of a shape such as fill and stroke color, and line weight and style, and then transfer them to other shapes. This tool detects whether you are selecting a stroke or a fill, and then changes into the Ink Bottle (when selecting strokes) or the Paint Bucket (when selecting fills). Instead of taking several steps to copy attributes from one shape to another, the Eyedropper provides a quick means for storing and transferring attributes between editable shapes.
Use the Eyedropper Tool to Edit Strokes and Fills
Click the Eyedropper tool on the Tools panel.
The pointer becomes an eyedropper.
Position the eyedropper over the stroke or fill of a shape on the Stage.
- Strokes. When you are positioned over a stroke, a tiny pencil appears next to the tool. When you click on the stroke the Eyedropper becomes an Ink Bottle.
- Fills. When you are positioned over a fill, a tiny paint brush appears next to the tool. When you click on the fill the Eyedropper becomes a Paint Bucket.
Click on another shape’s stroke or fill to transfer the selected attributes.
The stroke or fill updates to the new color.