- Working With Object Drawing
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Understanding Selections
- Selecting Strokes with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Selection Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Adding Colors Using the Kuler Panel
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Using the Spray Brush Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Selection Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Transforming Gradient Fills
- Moving and Rotating Objects in 3D Space
- Changing the Perspective Angle in 3D Space
- Adjusting the Vanishing Point in 3D Space
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
- Changing Drawing Settings
Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
Use the Lasso tool when you want to select shapes that are too close to shapes you don’t want to select. This tool allows you to draw around the shape, selecting everything contained in the shape you draw. In the default mode, you can draw a freeform lasso around the object you want to select. You can also choose the Polygon mode for defining the selected area with a series of straight-line segments.
Select with the Lasso Tool
Click the Lasso tool on the Tools panel.
Draw around the shapes you want to select.
- To complete the selection, return to the point where you started.
Select with the Lasso Tool in Polygon Mode
- Click the Lasso tool on the Tools panel.
- Click the Polygon Mode button in the Options area of the Tools panel.
Click near the area you want to select. Move the pointer and click again. Keep clicking until the object or portion you want to select is surrounded.
- Double-click to complete the selection.