- Examining the Dreamweaver Window
- Working with Toolbars
- Resizing Panels
- Working with Panels
- Docking and Undocking Panels
- Grouping and Ungrouping Panels
- Creating a Workspace
- Using the Status Bar
- Changing the View with the Zoom Tool
- Working with Rulers
- Working with the Grid and Guides
- Creating Keyboard Shortcuts
- Setting General Preferences
- Setting New Document Preferences
- Working with Colors
- Setting Highlighting Color Preferences
If you need more workspace, you can use the double-arrow button (at the top of a panel group) to quickly minimize a panel group, such as the one on the right side of the Dreamweaver window. When you click the double-arrow button, the panel group collapses to icons, which increases the size of the workspace. You can click the icons to display the panel. When you click the double-arrow button again, the panel group reopens. If you need to increase or decrease the size of a docking panel, you can drag the resize bar at the top-left side of the panel group to resize it as you would any window.
Minimize and Maximize Panels
- To minimize or maximize a docking channel, click the Double-arrow button at the top of the panel group.
The double-arrow direction indicates whether the panel minimizes or maximizes.
For example, if the double-arrow points to the left of the Tools panel that means when you click it the Tools panel minimizes. If the double-arrow points to the right that means when you click it the Tools panel maximizes.
- To have an expanded panel icon automatically collapse or hide when you click away, right-click (Win) or control-click (Mac) a panel, and then click Auto-Collapse Icon Panels or Auto-Show Hidden Panels (New!).