- Understanding Vector and Raster Graphics
- Understanding Paths
- Creating Rectangles and Ellipses
- Creating Polygons and Stars
- Creating Line Segments
- Creating Arcs and Spirals
- Creating Grids
- Understanding Selections
- Using the Selection Tool
- Using the Direct Selection Tool
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Selecting and Grouping
- Selecting Similar Objects
- Saving and Editing Selections
- Moving Objects
- Duplicating Objects
- Aligning and Distributing Objects
- Transforming Objects
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Rotating and Scaling Objects
- Reflecting and Shearing Objects
- Applying Multiple Transformations
- Reshaping Objects with Envelopes
Saving and Editing Selections
If you frequently select the same elements in a document, you can save yourself some time by saving the selection with a name of your choice. After you save a selection, the saved selection name appears as a menu command at the bottom of the Select menu. When you need to make the same selection, simply choose the command. When you no longer use a saved selection, you can delete it.
Save and Use a Selection
- Make the selection that you want to save.
- Click the Select menu, and then click Save Selection.
- Enter a name for the selection.
- Click OK.
- Click the Select menu, and then click the name of the saved selection at the bottom of the menu.
Edit a Saved Selection
- Click the Select menu, and then click Edit Selection.
- Select the saved selection that you want to rename or delete.
- To delete a saved selection, click Delete.
- To rename a saved selection, change the name in the Name box.
- Click OK.