- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Modifying Picture Size
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Editing Chart Data
- Sharing Information Between Programs
- Linking and Embedding Objects
- Flagging Documents for Follow Up
Creating an Organization Chart
An organization chart shows the reporting relationships between individuals in an organization. For example, you can show the relationship between a manager and employees within a company. You can create an organization chart using a SmartArt graphic (New!) or using Microsoft Organization Chart (in Excel), which is available on the Picture submenu on the Insert. A SmartArt graphic organization chart makes it easy to add shapes using the graphic portion or the Text pane.
Create an Organization Chart Using a SmartArt Graphic
- Click the SmartArt Graphics tab on the Elements Gallery.
- Click the Hierarchy button on the SmartArt Graphics tab.
Click one of the SmartArt Hierarchy styles.
The SmartArt graphic appears with a Text pane to insert text.
Label the shapes by doing one of the following:
Type text in the [Text] box.
You can use the arrow keys to move around the Text pane.
- Click a shape, and then type text directly into the shape.
To add shapes from the Text pane, place the insertion point at the beginning of the text where you want to add a shape, type the text you want, press Return, and then to indent the new shape, press Tab or to promote, press Shift+Tab.
You can also click the Org Chart button on the SmartArt Graphic Styles panel, and then select the type of shape you want to add.
When you’re done, click outside of the SmartArt graphic.