- Where Does Silverlight Come From?
- Using Third-Party Plug-Ins
- Running on Multiple Platforms
- Making the Web Application Secure
- Introducing Silverlight.net
- What Do You Need to Run Silverlight?
- Updating Your Runtime-Automatically
- Trying Silverlight Demos
- What Do You Need to Develop Silverlight?
- Reading the Documentation
- Looking into Silverlight's Future
In this chapter, we took a preliminary look at Silverlight and understood where it comes from and what technologies are its “ancestors.” We also started playing with demo applications and installed the development environment.
Now it is time to start getting our hands dirty, and to write code. The next chapters introduce you to the new programming language XAML and give you the occasion to write markup and to see your creations running. Gradually, we will build knowledge and help you create more elaborate code. Eventually, we will build applications together, bringing your knowledge of Silverlight to a productive level.