- The Benefits of Inter-Portlet Communication
- The WebSphere Property Broker
- Creating a Service Provider
- Testing the Service Provider
- Creating a List Portlet
- Creating a Detail Portlet
- Configuring the WebSphere Property Broker
- Alternative Communication Methods
- When to Use Inter-Portlet Communication
- Important Points
In this chapter, you learned about the different approaches to implementing inter-portlet communication in WPF, in addition to the strengths and weaknesses of each approach. You also created a library loan system that consisted of a service provider and two portlets, which demonstrated each approach. When you clicked on a loan in the list portlet, it caused details on that loan to be opened in the detail portlet. Both portlets retrieved their data from the service provider.
The next chapter, "Using Java in Portlets," discusses how to utilize Java code in your WPF applications.