- Code Framework
- Where to Download the Examples
- Hello Triangle Example
- Building and Running the Examples
- Using the OpenGL ES 2.0 Framework
- Creating a Simple Vertex and Fragment Shader
- Compiling and Loading the Shaders
- Creating a Program Object and Linking the Shaders
- Setting the Viewport and Clearing the Color Buffer
- Loading the Geometry and Drawing a Primitive
- Displaying the Back Buffer
Where to Download the Examples
You can download the examples from the book Web site at www.opengles-book.com.
The examples are all targeted to run on Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista with a desktop graphics processing unit (GPU) supporting OpenGL 2.0. The example programs are provided in source code form with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 project solutions. The examples build and run on the AMD OpenGL ES 2.0 emulator. Several of the advanced shader examples in the book are implemented in RenderMonkey, a shader development tool from AMD. The book Web site provides links on where to download any of the required tools. The OpenGL ES 2.0 emulator and RenderMonkey are both freely available tools. Readers who do not own Visual Studio can use the free Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition available for download at www.microsoft.com/express/.