Like this article? We recommend
The WANem setup is as easy as it can get:
- Download the ISO image from the WANem website, unpack it, and burn it onto a CD.
- Boot the CD in a PC with an Ethernet LAN adapter.
- Answer a single question in the boot process (the password for the perc user that can be used for remote logins via SSH).
- Configure the Ethernet interface with the reset command (DHCP didn't work correctly in my LAN).
- Inspect the interface status and IP routing tables with the status command.
- Connect to the WANem from a web browser using the URL http://wanem-ip-address/WANem.
- Select the basic mode and configure the simulated link's bandwidth and delay. Figure 1 shows the basic WANem configuration form taken from a web browser.