- The Value of Multiple Technologies
- What Is Technology Harmonization in a Multimodel Environment?
- Achieving Harmonization
- Implement Your Multimodel Process Improvement Solution and Measure Results
- Experience Speaks Volumes
- Multimodel Harmonization Is a Value-Added Approach
Implement Your Multimodel Process Improvement Solution and Measure Results
Selecting technologies and architecting processes are the design activities for multimodel process improvement. These design activities must then be rolled out to the engineers and developers charged with delivering products. All of the traditional elements of organizational change management apply, including the participation of these stakeholders in the up-front design activities as well as resources, communications, documentation, training, and so forth.
Since these latter items are typically among the core responsibilities of improvement groups, in the context of multimodel process improvement they face several implementation challenges distinct from those of singular model improvement:
- Shared/coordinated roles and responsibilities
- Integrated and/or coordinated training
- Coordinated (and possibly shared) audit and appraisal processes and data
- Coordinated improvement-project portfolio management