- So, What's This LDAP Stuff All About?
- Getting Started with Linux Server Software and Good Housekeeping
- Installing an LDAP Server in Ubuntu Linux
- Is the LDAP Server Running?
- Reconfigure the OpenLDAP Server
- Getting Comfortable with LDAP-Starting and Stopping the Server
- Using ldapsearch to Verify Correct Server Operation
- Populating the LDAP Directory
- Learning One new Thing Each Day
Using ldapsearch to Verify Correct Server Operation
To verify the configuration details just entered, run the following command:
ldapsearch -x -b ’’ -s base ’(objectclass=*)’ namingContexts
If all is well, you should see something like that illustrated in Figure 9.
Figure 9 Our first ldapsearch command
Looking at Figure 9, you can see that the namingContexts element reflects the values just entered. It's now time to get some data into the directory.