- Exploring the Windows Vista Desktop
- Using the Mouse
- Scrolling a Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
- Using the Windows Start Menu
- Opening a Program
- Switching Between Programs
- Using Menus
- Using Toolbars and Ribbons
- Managing PC Resources with Computer Explorer
- Managing Windows with the Control Panel
- Personalizing the Desktop Background
- Changing the Color Scheme
- Using a Screensaver
- Using the Windows Sidebar
- Setting Up Additional Users
- Getting Help in Windows
Opening a Program
To view all the programs installed on your PC, open the Start menu and click the All Programs arrow. This displays a new menu called the Programs menu. From here, you can access various programs, organized by type and title or manufacturer.
Click the Start button to display the Start menu.
Click the All Programs icon to display the Programs menu.
Click any folder to expand that item and show its contents.
Click the icon for the program you want to launch.