- Exploring the Windows Vista Desktop
- Using the Mouse
- Scrolling a Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
- Using the Windows Start Menu
- Opening a Program
- Switching Between Programs
- Using Menus
- Using Toolbars and Ribbons
- Managing PC Resources with Computer Explorer
- Managing Windows with the Control Panel
- Personalizing the Desktop Background
- Changing the Color Scheme
- Using a Screensaver
- Using the Windows Sidebar
- Setting Up Additional Users
- Getting Help in Windows
Using the Windows Sidebar
New to Windows Vista is the Sidebar, a collection of small utilities called gadgets. The Sidebar is docked on the right side of the screen; you can add or delete different gadgets from the Sidebar.
To delete a gadget from the Sidebar, hover over the gadget and then click the X.
To add a new gadget, click the + button at the top of the Sidebar.
Double-click a gadget to add it to the Sidebar.
To view more gadgets, click Get More Gadgets Online.
Select a category, then click the Download button under the gadget you want to add.