- Exploring the Windows Vista Desktop
- Using the Mouse
- Scrolling a Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
- Using the Windows Start Menu
- Opening a Program
- Switching Between Programs
- Using Menus
- Using Toolbars and Ribbons
- Managing PC Resources with Computer Explorer
- Managing Windows with the Control Panel
- Personalizing the Desktop Background
- Changing the Color Scheme
- Using a Screensaver
- Using the Windows Sidebar
- Setting Up Additional Users
- Getting Help in Windows
Personalizing the Desktop Background
Most users like to personalize the look of the Windows desktop. Windows Vista includes a number of built-in desktop wallpapers; you can also choose your own photo or graphic for your desktop background.
Right-click anywhere on the desktop and click Personalize.
Click Desktop Background.
When the next window opens, select one of the Windows built-in backgrounds from the list.