- Exploring the Windows Vista Desktop
- Using the Mouse
- Scrolling a Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
- Using the Windows Start Menu
- Opening a Program
- Switching Between Programs
- Using Menus
- Using Toolbars and Ribbons
- Managing PC Resources with Computer Explorer
- Managing Windows with the Control Panel
- Personalizing the Desktop Background
- Changing the Color Scheme
- Using a Screensaver
- Using the Windows Sidebar
- Setting Up Additional Users
- Getting Help in Windows
Managing Windows with the Control Panel
The Windows Control Panel is used to manage most (but not all) of the Windows configuration settings. The Control Panel contains links to individual utilities that let you adjust and configure various system properties.
Click the Start button to display the Start menu.
Click Control Panel to open the Control Panel.
Click the link for the category you want to configure.
Click the task you want to perform.
Configure the settings for that task using the selected utility’s dialog box.