- Preparing to Install Expression Design
- Installing Expression Design
- Launching Expression Design
- Identifying Expression Design Interface Items
- Opening a Document
- Opening Multiple Documents at Once
- Viewing Active Files
- Creating a New Document
- Saving a Document
- Setting Ruler Units
- Setting Ruler Origin
- Changing Document Size
- Changing the Artboard Size
- Viewing Artwork in Wireframe Mode
Opening a Document
Anytime you want to create artwork in Expression Design, you must do so within the confines of a document page. However, before you begin creating new documents, it helps to understand how to open pre-existing ones. Expression Design actually ships with some documents that are accessible through the Samples folder, which is installed along with the application. To access the Samples folder, navigate to the drive where you installed Expression Design; open the Program Files/Microsoft Expression/Design folder.
Choose the Open Command
- Under the File menu, choose Open.
- In the Open File dialog box that appears, navigate to the file you’d like to open.
- Select the filename and click Open. The document automatically appears in the work area of the interface.