- Preparing to Install Expression Design
- Installing Expression Design
- Launching Expression Design
- Identifying Expression Design Interface Items
- Opening a Document
- Opening Multiple Documents at Once
- Viewing Active Files
- Creating a New Document
- Saving a Document
- Setting Ruler Units
- Setting Ruler Origin
- Changing Document Size
- Changing the Artboard Size
- Viewing Artwork in Wireframe Mode
Installing Expression Design
Expression Design can only be purchased as part of the Expression Studio suite, which includes Expression Blend, Expression Web, and Expression Media. When you insert the Expression Studio installer CD, a setup guide automatically displays in your default web browser. You can use this guide to access the individual Expression Studio product installers. Use the following steps to install Expression Design onto your computer.
Install Expression Design
Insert the Microsoft Expression Studio CD into your drive.
The installer CD displays a set-up page in your default web browser. Click Windows Vista or Windows XP, depending on which operating system you are using.
- If the set-up page does not automatically appear in your browser, choose My Computer from the Start menu and double-click the Microsoft Expression Studio disc icon.
- If you are using Windows XP, install .NET Framework 3.0.
- Click the Expression Design button to access the installer and choose Save File. Navigate to the default download location on your system and double-click the installer icon.
- The Microsoft Expression Design Setup Wizard appears. Click the Next button and follow the steps provided.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the wizard.