- Preparing to Install Expression Design
- Installing Expression Design
- Launching Expression Design
- Identifying Expression Design Interface Items
- Opening a Document
- Opening Multiple Documents at Once
- Viewing Active Files
- Creating a New Document
- Saving a Document
- Setting Ruler Units
- Setting Ruler Origin
- Changing Document Size
- Changing the Artboard Size
- Viewing Artwork in Wireframe Mode
Setting Ruler Units
In addition to the artboard, every document also contains a set of rulers: one horizontal (top) and one vertical (left). Expression Design lets you decide which set of measurement units you’d like to display in the rulers. The Units and Grids Options include points, inches, millimeters, centimeters, picas, and pixels. Note that both rulers are always visible (there is no option to hide them), and that they both display the same measurement units.
Changing Document Ruler Unit Options
- Under the Edit menu, point to Options and choose Units and Grids from the fly-out menu.
- In the Options dialog box that appears, choose the preferred measurement units from the Document Units list.
- Click OK to update the document rulers.