Here are some sections of the book that contain information related to the scripting techniques you learned in this chapter:
- To learn how to run scripts when you start your Windows Vista system, see the section "Specifying Startup and Logon Scripts" in Chapter 5, "Installing and Running Applications."
- To learn more about the Registry, see Chapter 11, "Getting to Know the Windows Vista Registry."
- I show you a script that displays the available free space on all your drives in the "Checking Free Disk Space" section of Chapter 15, "Maintaining Your Windows Vista System."
- For some examples of security-related scripts, see Chapter 21, "Implementing Windows Vista's Internet Security and Privacy Features."
- You can also "program" Windows Vista using batch files. See Appendix C, "Automating Windows Vista with Batch Files."