This chapter is from the book
1.6.1 General References
- C. E. Shannon. "A Mathematical Theory of Communication." Bell System Technical Journal 27 (July, October 1948): 379–423, 623–656. [This classic paper is available from the Bell Web site at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/ms/what/shannonday/paper.html.]
- Hubert Zimmermann. "OSI Reference Model: The ISO Model of Architecture for Open Systems Interconnection." IEEE Transactions on Communications 28, no. 4 (1980): 425–432.
- SDRAM Specification, JESD79-2B. Arlington, VA: JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, January 2005.
- Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) Specification, Revision 3.0. Beaverton, OR: PCI Special Interest Group, 2004.
1.6.2 Digital Design
- Stephen Hall, Garrett Hall, and James McCall. High-Speed Digital System Design. New York: Wiley, 2000.
- Howard Johnson and Martin Graham. High-Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1993.
- Howard Johnson and Martin Graham. High-Speed Signal Propagation: Advanced Black Magic. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2003.
- Eric Bogatin. Signal Integrity: Simplified. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004.
- Yoshitaka Takasaki. Digital Transmission Design and Jitter Analysis. Norwood, MA: Artech House, 1991.
1.6.3 Line Coding
- A. Lender. "The Duobinary Technique for High Speed Data Transmission." IEEE Transactions on Communication and Electronics 82 (May 1963): 214–218.
- Andrew Sekey. "An Analysis of the Duobinary Technique." IEEE Transactions on Communication Technology Com-14, no. 2 (1966): 126–130.
- Jeffrey H. Sinsky, Marcus Duelk, and Andrew Adamiecki. "High-Speed Electrical Backplane Transmission Using Duobinary Signaling." IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques 53, no. 1 (2005): 152–160.
- R. Forster. "Manchester Encoding: Opposing Definitions Resolved." IEEE Engineering Science and Education Journal 9, no. 6 (2000): 278–280.
- X. Widmer and P. A. Franaszek. "A DC-Balanced, Partitioned-Block, 8B/10B Transmission Code." IBM Journal of Research and Development 27, no. 5 (1983): 440–451.
- Alex Deas, David R. Stauffer, and Anthony Sanders. "No 'Magic Bullet' for Signaling Schemes." EE Times, April 19, 2004.
1.6.4 Forward Error Correction
- Irving S. Reed and Gustave Solomon. "Polynomial Codes Over Certain Finite Fields." Journal of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics 8, no. 2 (1960): 300–304.
- S. Lin and D. J. Costello. Error Control Coding. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1982.
- A. M. Michelson and A. H. Levesque. Error Control Techniques for Digital Communication. New York: Wiley, 1985.
- W. W. Peterson and E. J. Weldon, Jr. Error Correcting Codes, 2nd ed. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 1972.
- V. Pless. Introduction to the Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, 3rd ed. New York: Wiley, 1998.
- C. Schlegel and L. Perez. Trellis Coding. Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 1997.
- S. B. Wicker. Error Control Systems for Digital Communication and Storage. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1995.
1.6.5 Equalization and Preemphasis
- Jin Liu and Xiaofeng Lin. "Equalization in High-Speed Communications Systems." IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine 4, no. 2 (2004): 4–17.
- A. Sanders, M. Resso, and J. D'Ambrosia. "Channel Compliance Testing, Utilizing Novel Statistical Eye Methodology." DesignCon, Santa Clara, CA, January 2004.